1986 - 1991, Researcher in the Laboratory of Microbiology, Fisheries Technological Institute of Perú, ITP
Use of gamma irradiation as inhibitor of bacterial growth in fish preservation (BSc-Engineering Thesis).
- Studies of oil extracts from the Peruvian herb Muña (Mintostachis mollis) as antibacterial agent.
- Incidence of Listeria monocytogenes in an acidified product called Cebiche (British-Peruvian project).
- Assesment of different culture media for bacterial recovery in fishery products.
- Microbiological quality control of fishery products.
- Lecturer at International Courses on Processing Technology of Fishery Products
1992 - 1999, PhD student, University of Wales, Bangor, United Kingdom
- The Project consisted on the extraction of chromosomal DNA from Aeromonas hydrophila, cloning and expressing protease and lipase genes in Escherichia coli, and sequencing of a protease gene. Clones that produced protease, were incorporated into microencapsulated diets for shrimp (Fenneropenaeus indicus), as digestive aid. The results are promising for the shrimp industry whose problems include indigestibility of diets by shrimps and prawns larvae and postlarvae, that show a development below normal.
1999, Administrative Assistant at the Timetable Unit, University of Wales, Bangor, United Kingdom
- Implementation of a software to schedule events such as lectures, practicals, tutorials, field practicals, and any other event that takes place in any of the schools during the academic year.
2001, Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Virology U.S. Naval Medical Research Centre Detachment (NMRCD), Perú.
- Virus isolation from human sera through cellular culture.
- Detection of antibodies in human sera through ELISA tests.
- Culture of three cellular lines: mosquito cells (C6/36), kidney cells (Vero), and hamster kidney cells (BHK).
- Reverse Transcription and Polymerase Chain Reaction RT-PCR tests for virus detection in human sera.
- Participation in the project: "Dengue 1 heterologous immunity in Aotus nancymae", as part of a project to develop a vaccine against Dengue fever using monkey sera.
Since 2001, Researcher and Lecturer at the Schools of Aquaculture and Fisheries, Facultad de Oceanografía, Pesquería, Ciencias Alimentarias y Acuicultura, Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal, Perú
- Setting up of the Laboratory of Molecular Biology (2002).
- Isolation and identification of proteolytic marine microorganisms. Studies in bioremediation of fisheries indistrial efluents..
- Molecular studies in the Peruvian scallop Argopecten purpuratus.
- Lecturer in Marine Biotechnology and Applied Genetics.
Since 2003, Consultant on Biosafety of Hydrobiological GMOs
- Member of the National Committee of Biosafety for the Fishery Sector (since 2006).
- Member of the Biosafety Technical Group for the Fishery Sector, as part of the National Biosafety Structural Frame Project (since 2004).
- Development of Biosafety Internal Regulations for Activities with Hidrobiological GMO (2005).
- Participation in the Third and Fouth Meetings of the Parties of the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety - MOP3 and MOP4 as member of the Public Research & Regulation Foundation - PRRI (Curitiba, 2006; Bonn, 2008).
Since 2005, Member of the Amazonic Ictiofauna Research Web - RIIA
Since 2005, Member of the Consultant Committee of the NGO "Research Centre The Dolphins" CILDE (Lima).
- Participation in the Internacional Workshop on the Amazonic Ictiofauna Research (Iquitos, June-July 2005).
- Scientist in charge for the Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal(UNFV) of the Collaborative Program between the UNFV (Perú) and the Institut de Recherche pour le Dévélopement, IRD (France).